Saturday, September 28, 2013

Nothing to see here...

When I'm looking for inspiration from a movie quote, this gem from Leslie Nielson never lets me down. I remember laughing at the ridiculousness of this scene when I was young, but I had no idea how amazing prescient and relevant I would find this in my life.

As a follow-up to my last post, here is the amicus brief filed by the charter school association:
http://laschoolreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/13-09-30-CCSA-Amicus-brief-Final.pdf
Some interesting tidbits from it:
The Nonprofit Corporations Operating Charter Schools Are Deemed to be Private 
 Entities under the law of California
- Charter schools argue that they deserve the same public funds as public schools

So, for those of you keeping score, they are "public" schools for 'governmental fundraising purposes', "private" schools for 'accessibility of information and accountability to the public' purposes.  Seems like they should just pick a "side".  
And lastly, here is an assessment of the impact of this verdict:

No comments:

Post a Comment