Friday, November 22, 2013

Is Antagonistic Juxtaposition a thing?


I have no idea if those words even go together, but I couldn't help but feel that way tonight.  I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend the BCS board meeting, and had a chance to see some nice videos that they had created around their teamwork.  But the highlight of the night, was listening to each of the teachers stand up and profess their admiration and love for the BCS program and the students.  As much as I may not agree with the actions of the BCS board, it was truly touching to hear from all of the teachers and their enthusiasm for each other, the students, and the impending school year.  I also had the opportunity meet a very nice parent who had recently moved over from LASD to BCS, and we had a very nice conversation about the unrest in the community, and how unfortunate it was.  I certainly wish her, and the rest of the parents in all of the school communities the best, and if she is a good representative of everyone else, I still have hope for accord within our community.

Unfortunately, I didn't just grab a piece of cake and leave with all of the teachers, and I decided to stay and listen to the board for a bit.  It didn't take long for my happy thoughts and goodwill to dissipate.  Somewhere between Andrea's whining and Janet's complaining, my brain started to turn off, and my excited hopeful feeling was gone.  I'm starting to feel like, that if we could only just get rid of members of the boards, the community might actually be able to settle this thing.  But wait, the community has no say over the "public" board of BCS?!?  If only, I had left with the teachers...

No comments:

Post a Comment