Saturday, June 1, 2013

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened

It's been awhile since I have posted because:
1. Fortunately the lawsuits, slander, animosity, etc has died down due to the 5 year peace accord AND
2. We've moved out of the area
At first, I was hoping that the move was a temporary year-long life experience with the family, and that we would return "home". But you know what?  I realized that living without the stresses (financial, keeping up with the joneses, seeing people with so much looking for more rather than helping others in need) of the Valley really does have its merits.
There are too many names to name (you know who you are), but I am forever thankful to the friends we made over the course of our marriage, our 2 children (who still miss the area), 9 brain surgeries, and my subsequent inability to work.
I do hope that people in the Bay Area will use their considerable talents to continue to focus on making the world a better place, and helping those in need versus making political stands and attempting to justify public subsidization of a private school under the auspices of "helping those in need".
Some laws or propositions are passed with the right intent, but lead to undesirable/unforeseen consequences.
I hope that the community can heal, and good luck.
Signed,
ForFruLasPar

No comments:

Post a Comment